Those interested in presenting scientific papers are invited to submit their abstracts including the paper title, full name, affiliation, address, telephone/fax number and email of corresponding author. The authors will be notified of acceptance of their abstracts and guidelines for preparing manuscripts. Complete papers should be submitted for reviewing by the conference scientific committee. Papers that may require revisions should be resubmitted in the final form.
Author guidelines for conference proceedings
IOP Conference Series uses author-supplied PDFs for all online and print publication. Authors must prepare their papers using Microsoft Word or LaTeX, according to the guidelines and templates, and then convert these files to PDF.
It is important to ensure that when you submit your paper, it is in its final form ready for publication, and has been thoroughly proofread. IOP do not copy edit or reformat papers and will not send out author proofs prior to publication. Post-publication changes are not permitted, so please ensure that your paper has been checked for errors.
By submitting a paper an author and all co-authors are assumed to agree with the terms of the IOP Proceedings Licence.
As a summary, please ensure the following:
- Paper size is European A4.
- Margins are 4cm (top), 2.5cm (left and right) and 2.7cm (bottom).
- The paper includes the author name and affiliation (full address including country).
- There are no page numbers, or headers and footers, within the paper.
- The PDF is free of formatting errors (e.g. corrupt equations, missing or low-resolution figures), since conversion from Word to PDF can introduce formatting errors.
- Text is single spaced, not double spaced.
- The PDF file is editable and not password protected.
- All pages are portrait (landscape pages should be rotated).
- Reference lists are checked for accuracy. References can only be linked via Crossref if they are correct and complete.
- Figures are placed within the text, not collected at the end of the document.
- A thorough proofread is conducted to check the standard of English and ensure wording is clear and concise.
Please follow these essential guidelines when preparing your paper:
Authors must prepare their papers using our Microsoft Word or LaTeX2e templates, and then convert these to PDF format for submission:
- Microsoft Word templates (.zip | 661 KB) updated 19 Feb. 2019
- LaTeX2e class file (.zip | 204 KB) updated 19 Feb. 2019
- Microsoft powerpoint template (.pptx | 83.3 KB) updated 30 Mar. 2019
If you would like to submit multimedia to accompany your paper, you might find these guidelines useful: